Exeter College is offering an exciting opportunity to employers to take on a skilled Digital T Level learner for a termtime industry placement. Learners aim to accrue 315 hours on a termtime work placement, which is typically offered as one or two days per week, week-long blocks of fulltime work, or a mix of both. Placements are typically in-person, with an option of up to 20% remote working.
Exeter College’s learners come to their placements with industry-level skills already under their belts. Some examples of typical learner capabilities by course are:
Digital Production, Design and Development learners
- Designing and developing programs in Python and C#
- Software testing
- Engaging in the software lifecycle
- Self-management and project planning with Agile and DevOps
Digital Support Services Students
- Responding to tickets and providing support on the IT Service helpdesk
- Installing hardware and configuring devices
- Installing software and operating systems
- System updates and fault analysis
- Implementing basic cyber security measures
- Specification of new devices to support requisition requests
The benefits to you as an employer are multiple.
Not only do you get extra resources for day-to-day projects, but this is also a cost-effective way of identifying fresh talent and building a recruitment pipeline for entry-level jobs. In providing a positive experience for a young person, you will also build your business capacity and upskill existing staff through their coaching and mentoring of our learners.
One of their Digital Production, Design and Development T Levels alumni, Josh Dyer, reflected on what he’s gained from his industrial placement.
“I’m currently working at Teignbridge Propellors as a Junior Software Developer who offered me the role after my placement. From here I hope to build my CV up and get a few years under my belt.”