Welcome from our Chairman
The South West is an exciting and dynamic region that has successfully attracted ambitious businesses and individuals from across the UK and beyond. At SWBC, we have been working hard to support these businesses and promote economic growth for over 20 years.
Our aim is to act in the best interests of our members, providing a voice for businesses across the South West, representing their interests inside and outside the region, and forging opportunities for collaboration, innovation and prosperity. We actively support major developments that have strategic importance to the region, lobby for inward investment and utilise our ‘network of networks’ to forge connections and ensure the best decisions to support our business community.
No matter the size or sector of our members, we seek to understand their priorities and work closely with them to help them achieve their goals by mobilising our networks, sharing intelligence and creating opportunities and partnerships.
Our success over the last 20 years is evidence of our tangible impact, and we are committed to bringing about lasting change and making a positive difference in the lives of our members and the wider community.
Tim Jones, Chairman, South West Business Council
What we do
Membership benefits range depending on the package of support. Our strategic priorities are as follows:
- Work closely with other business groups in the South West at a strategic level to act like a ‘network of networks’
- Facilitate and support vital opportunities for partnership, trade and investment that have strategic importance to the region
- Provide strategic insight to members to help them thrive
- Bring together leading business figures at regional events, to provide opportunities for knowledge sharing and collaboration
- Represent the interests of South West businesses, supporting trade, investment and economic growth
- Nurture and maintain personal, trusted, and long-standing relationships with all members individually
- Influence key stakeholders and policy-makers to support the business community
- Keep businesses informed of major developments inside and outside the region.
- Lobby for inward investment, infrastructure improvements, sustainability initiatives and retaining talent in the region
- Undertake discrete advisory services for strategically important businesses