- Are you a business looking to take advantage of the opportunities presented by the Green Industrial Revolution and a low carbon future?
- Are you an academic working with a business to develop a new low carbon technology or service?
The Devon Net Zero Innovation Fund (DNZIF) enables collaborations between Devon enterprises and University of Plymouth academic researchers. These collaborations will help to accelerate the development of new products or services in any sector to lead to a reduction in carbon emissions. There is funding available of up to £7,500 per enterprise to spend on researcher time and related consumables.
The Devon Net Zero Innovation Fund is a research and innovation opportunity funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), delivered through the Low Carbon Devon project at the University of Plymouth. It aligns with the UK Government’s Build Back Better strategy as the UK shifts towards a net zero carbon future; recognising that working towards net zero is a major opportunity for economic growth and job creation across the UK and particularly in Devon with its rich natural capital and innovative technologies.
Round 1 of the DNZIF in 2021 resulted in our academics collaborating with Devon companies in the following areas:
- developing cost effective ways to improve the efficiency of photovoltaics
- an analysis of different Devon soil types and their suitability in cob building materials
- development of nutritional and therapeutic products from agricultural by-products
- development of innovative and disruptive carbon neutral packaging solutions
- seagrass related research and innovation
Details of how to apply can be found on our website. Closing date: Thursday 31 March 2022