TIME: 8:30 am — 1:00 pm
VENUE: Met Office HPC Complex, Upper Richardson, Science Park, Exeter, EX5 2FS
For business owners or board members who appreciate that data is a valuable asset that needs protecting but who are not technical experts, this Masterclass will set you up with the information, tools and confidence you need to start getting your data and cyber security into good shape. In this boot camp we will demystify cybercrime and put this in to context for your own business.
We will cover six key areas
- An action plan to take your company’s cyber and information security to the next level
- An understanding (non-technical) of the 10 basic steps your company needs to take
- The confidence to ask the right questions of the right people in your team
- A basic incident response plan in case the worst happens
- An understanding of how good cyber security brings competitive advantage
- An insight into the compliance standards available and which ones will be most suitable
The event would suit business owners keen to find out more about how to protect their valuable assets and how to turn good cyber security in to an asset. Delegates will learn how to embed good practice, build an incident response plan and know how to keep their business safe in an easy way.
We want to support as many local businesses as possible, so therefore can only accommodate one attendee per company.
- 08:30 Arrival, Registration, Refreshments
- 09:00 Introduction
- 09:15 Session 1 – Getting Prepared
- 10:00 Break
- 10:15 Session 2 – When it goes Wrong…
- 11:00 Break
- 11:15 Session 3 – Competitive Advantage
- 12:00 Q&A
- 12:15 Close and optional Networking with buffet lunch