TIME: 2:00 pm — 3:30 pm
With the environment at the forefront of our minds as we drive towards Net Zero, the South West Business Council has teamed up with National Composites Centre to discuss the opportunities that exist around concrete de-carbonisation.
The National Composites Centre (NCC) is one of seven research centres across the UK that form the High-Value Manufacturing Catapult.
The NCC’s CEO, Richard Oldfield, said the following about his centre: “When companies need to make things lighter, stronger, smarter and more sustainable they come to the NCC. With access to ‘beyond’ state-of-the-art technology and the best composites engineering capabilities in the world, we help our customers solve the most complex engineering challenges of our time.”
On the call we will hear from:
• Kaloyana Kostova– Principal Research Engineer, Construction and Infrastructure Sector, NCC
• Peter Giddings – Chief Engineer, Energy Sector, the National Composites Centre, NCC
During the call we will cover:
• How can the decarbonisation of concrete and reinforced concrete systems transform construction businesses?
• The opportunity and the challenges of delivering it
• Candidate technologies and their role
• How are the NCC accelerating technology deployment?
• The support that is available through HVMC centres
Please register your interest in attending to [email protected]