- This event has passed.
SWBC Quarterly Conference – From Farm to Fork; the future of food and drink in the South West
Friday 21st September 2018 @ 09:30 - 13:30Free
The food and drink sector is, without question, a jewel in the crown of the South West. What is less certain is what the future holds for this key element of the regional economy. Brexit, single farm payments, skills shortages, environment and the sprint of technology combine to provide a daunting challenge.
This conference will seek to cut through the complexity to identify the key strengths and opportunities for the region, highlighting examples of best practice and exploring how the South West can, and is, shaping the UK’s agricultural, food and environmental future.
- Welcome to Duchy College; Dr Phil le Grice, Director of the Rural Economy Cluster
- Quality, integrity & provenance – setting a global standard in Food & Drink; John Sheaves, CEO, Taste of the West
- From local to global, supplying the world from the West Country; Charles Baughan, Owner, Westaways Sausages
- Clive’s Pies, journey so far; selling pies from a bike to the shelves of every Waitrose; Esther Pearson, General Manager, Clive’s Pies
- Re-imagining the food supply chain; Rich Osborne, CEO, Fresh Range
- Collaborating to succeed; Greg Parsons, Managing Director, POM Support & Founder of the Somerset Larder
- What does the circular economy mean to the food and farming sector?; Prof Mickey Howard, Professor of Sustainable Supply Chain Management, Director of Research – Department of Management Studies, University of Exeter Business School
Smart City Region 2.0 – South West 2050
Our next Conference ‘Smart City Region 2.0 – South West 2050’ taking place at Exeter Racecourse on 6th December 2018.