- This event has passed.
SWBC Quarterly Conference – Politics and Profit; success in a time of uncertainty
Friday 13th December 2019 @ 09:15 - 13:30
Join us from 9.15am at Exeter Racecourse for orange juice, coffee, tea and danish pastries, to reflect on the overnight election results, and see more live declarations from constituencies across the country. It should be a fun networking opportunity, prior to hearing some expert analysis when the conference commences at 10.00am. We’ll then be hearing a variety of success stories from a variety of businesses based here in the South West. A buffet sandwich lunch will be provided at 1.00pm.
Craig Moore, Partner at Womble Bond Dickinson will be joined by colleagues to provide a ‘real-time’ assessment of the commercial impact of the emerging General Election results. Based on their detailed legal analysis of each of the major party’s manifestos, the WBD team will also take part in a short Q&A, allowing delegates to quiz them on the possible business implications for the region.
A buffet sandwich lunch will be provided at 1.00pm.
Optional Coffee and Networking (9.15 – 10.00)
- 10:00 – 10:20 Welcome; Tim Jones, Chair SWBC
- 10:20 – 10:25 Introduction; Dr Robin Daniels, CEO SWBC
- 10:25 – 10:40 Dr Sally Basker, Chief Executive Officer, Exeter Science Park | Presentation
- 10:40 – 10:55 Gavin Jones, Managing Director, Elixel | Presentation
- 10:55 – 11:10 Karen Friendship, Managing Director, Alderman Tooling | Presentation
11:10 – 11:30 Coffee break
- 11:30 – 11:45 Steve Wickham, Joint Managing Director, Dragonfly Foods | Presentation
- 11:45 – 12:00 Michael Dickinson, Investment Manager, Falmouth Launchpad | Presentation
- 12:00 – 12:15 Craig Moore, Partner, Womble Bond Dickinson | Presentation
- 12:15 – 12:30 2019 General Election Business Analysis; Womble Bond Dickinson |Presentation
- 12:30 – 1:00 Panel discussion, chaired by Craig Moore