- This event has passed.
IoD South West CPD – Double Session
Wednesday 18th July 2018 @ 09:30 - 12:45
This CPD morning session, consisting of two workshops, Top 5 Things every Director Should Know and Strategic Change – Making it Happen.
Why we are running two CPD sessions back to back
We had a lot of feedback that suggested that our members would prefer to bundle their CPD sessions, and do two classes in one morning. As such we have brought two different workshop together to run back to back on the same morning. You can either book onto one of the sessions or both (there is a small discount if you do both on the same day).
Top 5 Things Every Director Should Know
This practical session will explore the top five things every director must know, looking at the following questions:
- Who is a director?
- What do directors do?
- What authority does a board have?
- What personal liabilities do directors have?
- What is a conflict of interest?
This interactive taster session will enable you to distinguish the role of a director from the roles of other actors involved in the management and oversight of a business, and explore the link between a director’s duty towards the company and their potential personal liability.
By the time you have completed the session, you will be able to:
- Distinguish the role of a director from those of the other actors involved in the management and oversight of an organisation.
- Understand the link between a director’s duty towards the company and their potential personal liability as directors.