- This event has passed.
SWBC Quarterly Conference – Energy Neutrality for the South West – How and When?
Friday 6th September 2019 @ 09:30 - 13:30
In the context of the UNESCO North Devon Biosphere, the regional LEP’s Local Industrial Strategies and SWBC’s national Government policy and corporate engagements, we will take a deep dive into the need for, and implications of, inclusive and green growth and the infrastructure challenges of a decarbonised economy for the region.
Optional Coffee and Networking (9.30 – 10.00)
- 10:00 Welcome; Tim Jones, Chair SWBC
- 10:15 – 10:20 Decarbonising the Region; Dr Robin Daniels, CEO SWBC
- 10:20 – 10:40 Self Driving Vehicles, a national perspective; Dr Daniel Ruiz, CEO, Zenzic | Presentation
- 10:40 – 11:00 The EV infrastructure challenge; Laura Rainey, Senior Project Manager, National Grid | Presentation
- 11:00 – 11:20 Reducing our footprint through behaviour; David Nicholls, Head of Growth, Lightfoot | Presentation
11:20 – 11:40 Coffee break
- 11:40 – 12.00 Transforming the UK energy sector; Lawrence Slade, CEO UK Energy | Presentation
- 12:00 – 12:20 Green heat, energy and gas; Ray Arrell, Senior Project Manager, Regen | Presentation
- 12:20 – 12:40 Investing in green railways; Andrew Ardley, Regional Development Manager, South Western Railway | Presentation
- 12:40- 13:00 Delivering our carbon free future; Dr Kim Yates, Project Principal, Mott MacDonald | Presentation
A message from David Nicholls, Head of Growth, Lightfoot:
Thank you for such a warm reception to our Breathe Exeter initiative – if you are interested in experiencing Lightfoot and saving the planet and your wallet – here’s what you should do.
1. Lightfoot for Yourself
For anyone interested in having Lightfoot for personal use, please follow this link https://www.lightfoot.co.uk/buy and use code SWBC139 to get a discount.
2. Lightfoot for Fleets
For anyone who is interested in having Lightfoot for business use, please get in touch with David Nicholls, Head of Growth on David.Nicholls@Lightfoot.co.uk who will be able to offer some more info on how Lightfoot may be able to help you and your business.
Together we can make change happen!