- This event has passed.
SWBC Quarterly Conference – What do our future Leaders want from the G7?
Friday 11th June @ 09:30 - 12:30
Transforming Education and Protecting the Environment
We are delighted to invite you to join us for the next SWBC Quarterly Conference being held on Friday June 11th from 9.30am – 12.30pm on “What do our future leaders want from the G7?”
Designed to coincide with this year’s G7 in Cornwall, our conference is in partnership with the British Youth Council (British Youth Council | Home (byc.org.uk)) and will be our chance to reflect on the campaigns and issues that matter for our future leaders. It will provide the opportunity to debate key topics that matter to leaders of the future, and to hear more about how they believe “it needs to be”.
The British Youth Council empower young people aged 25 and under to influence and inform the decisions that affect their lives. They support young people to get involved in their communities and democracy locally, nationally and internationally, making a difference as volunteers, campaigners, decision-makers and leaders.
At South West Business Council we are looking to play our part in provoking future thinking and positive change. Key topics on the day will include “Transforming Education” and “Protecting the Environment”.
We very much hope that you will anchor the date and time in your diary.
Join us for what’s guaranteed to be a lively and highly informative debate.
- 9.30 – 9:45 Gather and Network
- 9.45 – 9:50 Opening Introductions; Paul Coles, CEO South West Business Council
- 9.50 – 10:00 South West Update; Tim Jones, Chair South West Business Council
- 10.00 – 10:10 Spotlight on the South West; Sarah Jellard, Wave Rangers, a Wave Project in partnership with South West Coast Path
Session One; Transforming Education
- 10:15 – 10:25 Jack Bukin, Cosmic | Presentation
- 10:25 – 10:35 Maisie, Member of Youth Parliament, North Devon
- 10:35 – 10:45 Pierre & Abigail, Bank of England Youth Forum | Presentation
- 10:45 – 11:15 Q&A
11:15 – 11.30 Break & Networking
Session Two; Protecting the Environment
- 11:30 – 11:40 Emily Stevenson, Beach Guardian
- 11:40 – 11:50 Alex, Youth MP for Gloucester and Forest of Dean | Presentation
- 11:50 – 12:00 Josh, Teach the Future
- 12:00 – 12:30 Q&A
- 12:30 – 12:40 Summary; Paul Coles, CEO South West Business Council
12:40 – 13:00 Networking & Close