Plymouth Electron Microscopy Centre (PEMC) at the University of Plymouth has secured EU funding to provide free access to small and medium enterprises within Devon and across the UK until June 2023, and reduced-cost access for large enterprises too.
This funding will allow unrivalled access to state-of-the-art instrumentation, including three brand new instruments in 2022, to help develop business and increase collaboration between the industrial and academic environment.
Join the PEMC team to find out exactly how this new round of funding can help your business now and in the future.
This launch of our successful ERDF funded project, Plymouth Materials Characterisation Network (PMCN) follows on from our extremely successful Plymouth Materials Characterisation Project (PMCP), which concluded last year.
This free online event will introduce PEMC, our facilities and team, and explain the new project in more detail; how exactly can businesses benefit from this funding? How can businesses get involved?
There will also be a live Q&A session delivered by our technical specialists where you can ask anything you might want to regarding the use of electron microscopy for industry on the following topics:
- Materials or Engineering
- Biological, Medical, or Marine Science
- Geological or Environmental Investigations
- Food Science
- Space or Aerospace
Questions for the Q&A can be submitted here before the event, but live questions will also be taken on the day.
- Devon-based companies looking to develop new products – particularly those who work in food, advanced engineering, photonics, microelectronics, manufacturing, composites, robotics or new energy.
- Larger companies in the same sectors. Business groups (e.g. Plymouth Manufacturers Group, North Devon Manufacturing Association, Hi Tech Forum)
- Business support organisations (e.g. HOTSW LEP Growth Hub)