Time: 9:30am – 1:00pm
Delivered in partnership with Exeter Chamber of Commerce.
Following the successful SWBC-hosted visit of Andrew Bailey, Governor of the Bank of England, to the region late last year we are delighted to announce that Jonathan Hall will be joining us for our next Quarterly Conference on 5th March. Jonathan is a Member of the Bank of England Financial Policy Committee and a seasoned leader in the financial sector, including senior roles with Goldman Sachs, Eisler Capital and Credit Suisse. He is also a member of the Founders Circle of the Institute for the Future of Work (IFOW).
With Covid continuing to bite and the effects of Brexit being felt across the region, the South West Business Council will use its next Quarterly Conference, delivered in partnership with Exeter Chamber of Commerce, to ask “Where’s the money”?
As Government support for business comes to an end and key sectors face further uncertainty, our speakers will explore the state of the economy and the best ways to get access to the right debt and equity finance in the weeks and months ahead.
Among our speakers will be Paul Jones, Senior Manager of the British Business Bank and Symmie Swil, Head of Business Banking at Starling Bank. Joining Paul and Symmie will be senior leaders of PwC, SWIG Finance, M&A specialist Isca Ventures and the regional venture capital community.
Join us for what’s guaranteed to be a lively and highly informative debate.
- 9.30 – 9:45 Gather and Network
- 9.45 – 9:55 Opening Introductions; CEO South West Business Council
- 9.55 – 10:05 Business Resilience and Future Challenges; Tim Jones, Chair South West Business Council
- 10.05 – 10:15 Mark Peck, Group Director South West, Work and Health Services, Department for Work and Pensions | Presentation
- 10:15 – 10:25 Paul Jones, Senior Manager South West, British Business Bank | Presentation
- 10:25 – 10:35 Dr Christine Allison, Chair, SWIG Finance | Presentation
- 10:35 – 10:45 Tom Torkar, Partner, Michelmores / MAINstream Angel Investor Network | Presentation
- 10:45 – 11:00 Q&A
11:00 – 11.20 Break & Networking
- 11:20 – 11:30 David Bird, Director, ISCA Ventures LLP | Presentation
- 11:30 – 11:40 Camille Sixsmith, Debt & Capital Advisory, PwC
- 11:40 – 11:50 Symmie Swil, Head of Business Banking, Starling Bank
- 11:50 – 12:00 Q&A including Tony Greenham, Executive Director at South West Mutual
- 12:00 – 12:20 Jonathan Hall, Member, Financial Policy Committee, Bank of England | Presentation
- 12:20 – 12:30 Q&A
12:30 – 13:00 Networking & Close